- Our team of skillfully trained anaesthetists use sedation and TIVA (Total Intra-Venous Anaesthesia) techniques that reliable and safe. These techniques can also be used in paediatric dentistry.
- Our trained anaesthetists will create a plan tailored on your needs considering the procedure you are about to undertake and your previous medical history. The anaesthetists will also be by your side throughout the entire procedure monitoring the pulse, carbon dioxide, pressure, oxygen and ECG. The anaesthetist will also adjust the medication throughout the course of the treatment to ensure that you are safe and comfortable.
- Our anaesthetists will use a Brain Wave Monitor to assess the level of the sedation and the consequent alertness of our patients.
- Our anaesthetists have worked in the largest university hospitals and have years of experience in the field and intensive care.
- At Sleep Dentistry New Zealand we don’t use paralysing agents as this may prevent us from determining if you are asleep or not moving due to the consequences associated to their use.
- We use TIVA technique, a Total Intra-Venous Anaesthesia that will help you reach a state of relaxation, give you pleasant dreams and reduce your awareness.
- We give analgesic drugs to our patients to alleviate pain and discomfort.
- Local anaesthetics are also used to ensure that the area we are working on is numb.
- Anti-nausea medications are administered to reduce the chance of nausea and vomiting after the treatment.
- Pneumatic Sequential Calf Compressors are used to reduce the risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis.
- We provide our patients with Bear Huggers and warming blankets to ensure that they are comfortable during the procedure.
- We specialize in paediatric dentistry and phobic patients.